I have been working as a Sound Engineer for 15 years now, with a successful career which includes: recording and mixing of CDs and DVDs, aside from teaching classes of basic digital audio theory, Pro Tools and recording techniques.
Audio Instructor - Middle Tennessee State University
2010 - present
Design of class material for studio recording techniques
Teaching and assessment of students
Topics included: psychoacoustics, microphone basics, stereophonic techniques, mixing concepts and loudspeakers
Studio Trainee - Wireworld Studio with Michael Wagener
- Demonstrations and practical training on audio equipments (in-company or events)-
- Critical listening
- Problem solving skills
- Sync: time-code and word-clock
- Analog tape recording
- Advanced Spatial Audio (Ambisonics)
- Class design and teaching methodology
- Pro Tools (recording, mixing, mastering, postproduction and troubleshooting)
- Final Cut
Experience with analog consoles
- API Vision, SSL 4000 and 9000, AWS 924 and 948, SSL Duality, SSL Nucleus, SSL Matrix, Neve VR 8067 and 5088, Harrison 32c
Session Set-up and studio assistance
Course coordinator and teacher - Institute of Audio and Video
2001 - 2010
Class planning and teaching
Certified Pro Tools classes
Digital Audio theory and practice
The school had two full recording studios and a digital audio laboratory for students with 25 Mac computers, also part of my responsibility
The main activity of the studio involved production of jingles, radio spots and TV commercials for clients like: Microsoft, Wickbold, Ford and Lego
Partner and owner of a recording studio
1996 - 2001
Studio Assistant - Teleview
1995 - 1996
My first technical position was as a “video editor”. I accepted this work as a means of being closer to the audio studio, which shared workspace in the building. Accepting this function was the easiest way to stay close to what really attracted me, “the audio studio!”. After my day job, I would go to the audio room and stay there until it closed; a place where I could observe the workflow of a real recording space
Sabesp (The São Paulo Water Supply Company) Audiovisual Department Traineeship
Main functions were to assist field-recording crews, preparing audio, video, and lighting equipment for intra-company communications materials, such as of inaugurations of stations and other events. I also provided support in post-production
- Middle Tennessee State University, Master of Fine Arts Degree in Recording Arts and Technology 2010 - 2013
- Middle Tennessee State University, College and University Teaching Certificate 2010 - 2013
- Berklee College of Music (New England Association of Schools and Colleges) , Audio Mastering Techniques 2013
- Universidade Metodista de São Paulo, Bachelor of Arts in Advertising and Marketing, 1991 - 1995
- CCAA (Centro de Cultura Anglo Americana) - Intensive English Course
- UCBEU (União Cultural Brasil Estados Unidos) - Intensive English Course
- IAV - Audio and Video Institute. 2000
- Digidesign Pro Tools Courses 101 and 110 - Certified Pro Tools Operator and Teacher.
- Final Cut Pro – Apple Computer Training.
- Meyer Sound Courses: SIM-3, Galileo, Mapp-On-Line
- In the studio with Bruce Swedien
- Production Workshops with Michael Wagener
- Hands-on Surround Recording with George Massenburg and Martha de Francisco.
- Meyer Sound with Bob McCarthy
- Meyer Sound with Buford Jones
- Meyer Sound with Oscar Barrientos
- AES Member – Audio Engineering Society.
- AES Committee Member for Brazil Chapter.
Founding member of ABPAudio – Associação Brasileira dos Profissionais de Audio.
- NARAS/GRAMMY Associated Member of Recording Academy
Lectures and writing